I am interested in developing novel algorithms for representation understanding to solve challenging problems, particularly in the areas of remote sensing, 3D reconstruction, autonomous agents, and robotics.
Graduate student assistant in the Multi-Modal Vision Research Lab. Advised by Dr. Nathan Jacobs.
- LiDAR Intensity Harmonization: Explored methods for leveraging point clouds to estimate color transfer for intensity image harmonization among large-scale point clouds. This exploratory work established a novel algorithm using state-of-the-art point cloud processing techniques and a pipeline architecture for harmonizing entire point cloud collections. Successfully published work as the lead author.
- Shadow-detection and Segmentation: Collaborated as a research assistant on a contract for the NGA. Utilized techniques in image processing and computer vision in image segmentation tasks. The method successfully surpassed the client’s baseline and was then integrated into a larger software suite
- Teaching assistant: Served as a teaching assistant for the senior-level introduction to machine learning course. Consulted with the professor on learning activities, assignments, and assessments. Designed, updated, distributed, and evaluated homework assignments for various topics. Held regular office hours and assisted in student learning.
Software Engineer | Departments: Controls & Diagnostic Systems (CDS), Field Maintenance and Test
- Software Development: Developer on software team to develop efficient automation tools for military engine health reporting metrics, leveraging current technologies in a fast paced, agile environment.
- CDS Verification and Validation: Implemented Control and Diagnostic System Verification and Validation Testing for various P&W Turbofan Jet Engine variants Collaborated with a team responsible for automating the verification and validation process of over 700 tests, reducing the formal testing process by 3 months, breaking company records.
- Embedded Software Engineering: Led a satellite team of software engineers responsible for updating, maintaining, and re-engineering engine logic while streamlining the engine’s user interface panel. Followed the guidelines set in DO-178B for avionics software. Utilized Onboard Maintenance and Test tools along with a real time FADEC simulation tool to debug and test changes.
- Test case analysis: Discovered mission critical control logic, software, and documentation defects through root-cause analysis and test script implementation, leading to best in class, safe, and high performance jet engines.
- Cost Savings: Coordinated the development of cost savings software by a small team of software engineers used for gathering metrics about office performance saving upwards of 7000 dollars a year.
Designed, developed, and documented applications with an agile development team that operated in two week scrum cycles.
- Printer Testing Implemented a standalone tool to rapidly test printers which acquired, parsed, searched, edited, and then transmitted cumbersome configuration files, saving $70,000 annually by automating a previously labor-heavy task.
- Model Shop Delivery App Automated the acquisition, organization, and publication of the model shop’s part delivery schedule through a server-side utility which quietly ran in the background and automatically updated. This approach mitigated the lack of accessibility caused by a limited license pool with the previous application, but also improved readability and streamlined employee productivity.
MS in Computer Science
University of Kentucky
BS in Computer Science
University of Kentucky
Printable version here